Treehugger, the only modern sustainability site that offers advice, clarity and inspiration, is looking for a writer who has a broad understanding of food issues in the context of environmentalism and can write engaging new content that helps our readers to learn more about sustainable eating, veganism, and green food practices. This is a 12 month contract position.
The author will work closely with the editorial team on a series of in-depth articles that fall under, but are not limited to, the following categories:
- How to Eat Vegan at Restaurant X
- Vegan gatherings
- Is X vegan?
About your contributions
- Write a series of articles per month on sustainable food topics that engage and inspire readers
- Conduct thorough research on the topic of each article and present information authoritatively in original content
- Work closely with the editorial team throughout the writing and editing process
- At least 1-3 years of experience writing digital content in the areas of food and beverage and/or sustainability.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrable knowledge of sustainability, food issues and veganism/vegetarianism
- Stellar writer with a talent for writing clear and simple texts
- Willingness to work closely with the editorial staff and follow a style guide
- Experience with a WordPress-style CMS
Dotdash’s dynamic brands help over 100 million users find answers, solve problems, and get inspired every month. Dotdash is one of the largest and fastest growing publishers online, winning over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday’s 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com and TreeHugger.
Please beware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that all correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from an @dotdash.com account or a email@example.com account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversation for a job opportunity and would like to confirm its validity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.