Do you have experience planning, commissioning, and writing compelling articles for different online audiences? Do you have a strong foundation in content marketing techniques to bring a range of readers to our website? If so, we have an exciting opportunity to join an innovative digital team at an award-winning publishing house.
The Website Editor is responsible for writing, editing and commissioning engaging content on www.panmacmillan.com. You will be passionate about growing our audience, possess exemplary writing and editing skills, a strong knowledge of content marketing strategies and, of course, a love of books.
Main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Writing and planning creative content.
- Manage the content calendar to ensure it drives traffic and engagement growth, and supports all areas of our publication.
- Briefing, ordering and writing articles written by journalists and authors.
- Be a creative powerhouse of ideas, proactively sharing innovative approaches to content and encouraging others to do the same.
- Manage relationships with freelance writers, authors and internal PR teams.
- Be a guardian of tone and editorial voice.
- Proactively research and report on trends for content ideas and opportunities for traffic growth and increased engagement.
- Analyze data from multiple website analytics platforms.
- Provide insight-driven reporting.
- Several years of experience in digital content strategy.
- Demonstrable experience writing and editing long-form articles with a strong editorial tone.
- A strong sense of creativity and a passion for thinking outside the box.
- Excellent spelling and grammar.
- Strong analytical skills and experience using analytics platforms such as Google Analytics.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize effectively.
- Experience in producing digital reports.
- Strong and effective communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- The ability to execute and manage tight deadlines.
We would like you to have:
- Experience in social media marketing.
- Knowledge of SEO.
- Enthusiasm to work within a fast paced responsive digital team.
Salary from: £27,000
Recruitment Manager: Connie Roff, Website Content Manager
Closing date: May 3, 2022
This is an open-ended contract and will be based in our office in Farringdon, London, with some flexibility to work from home on a weekly basis.
We are very committed to equality and diversity. We welcome applications from all people, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. Our full Diversity and Inclusion Commitment can be found here https://www.panmacmillan.com/about/diversity-and-inclusion
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for this position.
Please note that any personal information we process in connection with your application will be handled in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice available here: https://panmacmillan.com/recruitment-privacy-notice. Please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice before submitting your application.