Bleacher Report (B/R) is the premier sports media brand that defines sports culture by capturing and creating the moments that matter with a mission to make it as easy as possible to be a sports fan.
Our love of the sport goes way beyond stats and leaderboards, fueling optimal engagement across all social channels and through our own industry-leading B/R app.
Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter/TikTok @BleacherReport and B/R Football on Instagram/Twitter/TikTok @brfootball. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
About the role:
B/R is looking for a temporary UK copy editor, aka sub-editor, to edit articles for placement in programming channels, such as the site’s homepage, B/R app and major social platforms, to complete coverage for a period of six months. contract period.
Sub-editors are responsible for reviewing all content for these channels, ensuring the highest quality with respect to writing mechanics, analytical arguments, factual/statistical support, copy editing, multimedia elements and formatting before approval.
Sub-editors must also communicate effectively and efficiently across teams to resolve substantive issues. Successful applicants will possess the right balance of sports expertise, prior editing experience, familiarity with established editorial standards and practices, exceptional communication skills, and dedication to the team’s mission to develop and protect the site.
This is an entry-level temporary contract requiring 40 hours per week. The role is remote and the candidate must reside in the UK. The position requires a flexible work schedule, including the ability to work weekends and some evenings.
- Previous editorial experience in sports journalism
- Expertise in all major US and European sports leagues covered by Bleacher Report
- Familiarity with B/R Football social networks
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Experience with all forms of digital and social media; ability to quickly verify content and assess credibility of source material
- Positive attitude, patient demeanor and ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to multi-task without sacrificing attention to detail
- Proficiency in the following resources (or similar): Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Slack
- Degree in Journalism, English, Communications or related field
- 1-3 years of prior editorial experience in sports journalism
- Direct prior experience or familiarity with Bleacher Report content, writers, and programming channels (B/R app, social media pages, site homepage, newsletters, etc.)
Interested candidates should submit a CV AND a cover letter outlining their specific qualifications for the position. Applicants who do not include a cover letter in their CV will not be considered.
Our people make WM the inspiring organization it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists, we have a responsibility to ensure that we have a set of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the audiences and global communities we serve.
WarnerMedia and its suite of brands including Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to fairness and justice. inclusion as moral and business imperatives.
It is essential that our content and our creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Working with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, people disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers in front of and behind the camera.
There truly has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.