Do you like breaking exclusives and setting the agenda? Do you want a job where you cover big stories every day? And are you looking for a role in a fast-paced newsroom based in one of the most exciting cities in the world?
MyLondon is looking for senior reporters to join our team of 85 people. You’ll love news, showbiz or reporting and be ready for the next step in your career.
This is not a job for beginners. You will have substantial experience at regional or national level, a creative and flexible approach and an instinct for a good story. Come to us with ambitious ideas and we will help you bring them to life.
MyLondon is one of the UK’s most exciting newsrooms. It’s the best patch in the country with an incredible range of topics to cover day in and day out – you’ll need energy, enthusiasm, lots of ideas and a strong writing style.
New ideas and fresh perspectives from a wide range of backgrounds are at the heart of what we do – and if you feel underrepresented in the media, we want to hear from you.
This role will be a mix of working from home and working at our office in Canary Wharf. Due to the nature of the position, this candidate will need to be based in London.
Please note: We offer a four-day work week here at MyLondon.
So who are we?
We are Reach plc, you may not have heard of us but we have probably met without you realizing it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. Of Mirror, Daily Express and OKAY!to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (and much more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share their experiences through our stories because we believe that’s what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million, Reach is the UK’s largest commercial publisher. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, but you’ll also feel like you understand others better.
What will the role consist of?
- Find and tell stories about London and the 9 million people who live in this brilliant city
- Engage as many readers as possible, creating online and real-life communities where stories can be shared
- Tell stories in a variety of ways, from live blogging to social media posts
- Make sure every piece of content is carefully researched and balanced before publishing
The ideal candidate
Who are we looking for?
- You will be NCTJ qualified or equivalent with experience in a digital newsroom
- Someone who puts people at the heart of every story
- Creative and passionate with a sensitivity to quality digital storytelling
- A journalist who wants to tell the stories that really matter to London’s diverse communities
- You will have knowledge of media law and the IPSO code of practice
- Flexible and ready to adapt. This role will involve shift work
- A driver’s license is preferred for this role
Description of the package
What can we offer you?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Savings assistance for your retirement – join our pension plan and we will cover contributions up to 6%
- 25 days of vacation per year when you join. After three, five and ten years of service with Reach, you will accrue an additional day of annual leave. We also have a Vacation Purchase Scheme
- day to give back – an extra day off each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you will be eligible after just six months of employment
- Private cash plan for health care – a free health cash plan so you can claim money for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s Top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone is welcome to join our events, programs and networks to celebrate diversity and create an environment where all of our employees can thrive
- Well-being support – including a 24/7 support program for you and your loved ones, a free subscription to the Headspace mindfulness app and access to free mental health coaching via Sanctus
- Great career opportunities – you will benefit from the support of your line manager and a range of learning and development programs
- We are a FTSE250 Society, and also a member of the Club 30%a global campaign to increase gender diversity on the board and in senior management
Reach plc believes that diversity brings benefits to our customers, our business and our people. That’s why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of background, circumstance, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or background. beliefs and sexual orientation.