Redeye Worldwide is a world leader in music distribution and services.
Inspired by our passion for music, Redeye connects independent artists and labels to a growing global market through sales and marketing expertise and impactful client relationships.
Redeye is recruiting a full-time marketing project manager located at Hillsborough, North Carolina. The annual starting salary for this position is $42,000.00. Redeye offers generous benefits, including health, dental, vision, with an employee bonus; paid holidays, paid holidays, parental leave; and a 401K contribution after 1 year of service.
The Marketing Project Manager is responsible for providing label partners with strategic advice and marketing expertise in the ever-changing global marketplace. They oversee an assigned list of labels and work with label contacts to manage long-term planning for new releases, catalog and touring events, and label branding. They create robust, tailored marketing plans for priority launch campaigns that address all segments of a label’s business with Redeye. They work closely with label representatives and Redeye’s marketing and sales team to execute all facets of marketing plans to ensure the success of each campaign. The primary focus of this position is to provide label partners with a comprehensive marketing strategy for new releases, catalog events and other key label campaigns.
- Foster and maintain proactive communication with key label personnel regarding marketing strategy.
- Identify priorities and opportunities in long-term conversations with labels, with the goal of executing successful marketing campaigns and increasing sales.
- Develop and oversee the complete marketing plan for priority releases, from the initial planning stages through post-release analysis.
- Review each label’s digital and physical release schedule to coordinate advance planning and ensure all marketing and promotional deadlines are met, for all available territories.
- Create and execute thoughtful, detailed marketing plans in support of new releases, catalog events, tours, and label branding initiatives. Collaborate with the Redeye Marketing, Sales and International team to propose marketing activities adapted to the objectives of the label, the available budget and the promotional efforts of the campaign, as well as the sales history of the artist and/or similar artists.
- Provide sales and marketing guidance to labels in the assigned roster, including Redeye’s sales projections and total stock requirements for new releases, as well as details on the latest marketing opportunities, new services, industry trends and physical and digital best practices.
- Keep stakeholders informed of major label news, including press, radio, tours, sync locations, promotions and track restocks. Include elements of analysis and action, i.e. working with the team to identify and maximize new digital and/or physical opportunities.
- Schedule meetings with relevant team members for long-term priority releases, or as directed by the marketing manager.
- Advise labels on Redeye procedures, services and tools. Assist in directing labels to the appropriate Redeye team member(s) for non-marketing and sales related matters.
- Report to CMO and CMO on all priority digital and physical releases, label goals and expectations, and overall label health.
- Represent Redeye at events and conferences as needed.
Marketing Project Managers create multi-faceted digital and physical marketing plans, in coordination with label partners, including the following responsibilities:
- Discuss long-term releases with label partners to identify priorities, review goals, and offer suggestions for maximizing impact.
- Develop and execute comprehensive, creative and individualized marketing initiatives for priority digital and physical releases.Collaborate
- with digital account managers and DSPs for promotional opportunities and key locations of all digital content.
- Notify labels of Redeye’s internal marketing departments, including physical and digital promotional mailings, and make thoughtful recommendations where appropriate.
- Monitor digital sales and trends from all digital partners.
- Determine and capture sales projections (for initial orders and total inventory requirements) of new releases in all relevant territories considering key business segments (Amazon, one-stop-shops, independent retail). Communicate needed inventory quantities to label partners and inventory control to ensure at least six months’ supply is available.
- Provide expertise on cooperative retail programs that are available and effective. Work with label partners and account reps to identify meaningful opportunities for exclusive vinyl pressings and manage approved projects.
- Integrate international sales and marketing into the overall plan for each release, meeting label objectives, considering applicable promotional campaigns and additional inventory needs.
- Must have at least one year in a relevant position in the music industry.
- Must be excellent in communication, organization and highly motivated.
- Must be able to focus on many different projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work with all levels of staff within the organization and demonstrate commitment to the principles of equity and inclusion and support for diversity.
- Exceptional ability to work well with suppliers, customers and others. Demonstration of respect and courtesy in all interactions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected].
Redeye is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions within the Company will be based on merit, qualifications and ability. The company is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all individuals and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion or religious beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status. , domestic partner or relationship status, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, pregnancy (actual or perceived), military or veteran status, height, weight or any other classification protected by federal authorities, state or local law. Equal employment opportunity applies to all personnel practices, including (but not limited to) recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, termination, leave, compensation, discipline, evaluation, benefits, transfers, educational assistance, and social and recreational activities. This commitment applies to everyone involved in Redeye’s operations, regardless of employee location and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any Redeye employee. We encourage and welcome everyone to apply for positions for which they are qualified based on the qualifications listed in job postings.