We are Future. We’re 3,000+ colleagues across 250+ brands speaking to 400 million people every month across the world through websites, events and magazines. We’ve not only survived the past two years, we’ve thrived, growing our audience share, taking more number one positions, acquiring new businesses and launching new brands.
And we don’t plan on stopping anytime soon.
We have ambitious plans that build on our growth momentum and unlock new opportunities and we are looking for talented people who want to be part of it.
We are looking for a Personal Finance Writer to join our growing Wealth Management team to cover financial news and features for Money Edit (themoneyedit.com) and a number of lifestyle titles at Future plc.
You must have a keen interest in writing about personal finance, experience in journalism, and the ability to write clearly and concisely to deadlines.
This role may suit a second jobber looking to take on their next challenge in financial journalism.
You will be part of an award-winning team and help create digital wealth content for some of the UK’s biggest brands.
This role can be based in our London or Bath offices.
- Help create content around key personal finance and consumer topics
- You will be required to write news, articles, explainers and source case studies
- You have a good flair for news and will need to pitch stories/content to the editor
- You have a strong network that allows you to stay up to date with the latest news, trends and products
- You need to be sure to write for different types of audiences with different demographics
- A good understanding and experience of CMS
- Some experience and knowledge of SEO practice and how to apply it to editorial content
- This is a role that will continue to grow over time, with growing opportunities as we continue to develop our wealth management platform.
What do I need to be successful?
- A keen interest and understanding of the personal and household finance industry
- Top notch SEO expertise and be able to demonstrate growth produced from previous employment
- An excellent digital content creator
- Relentless approach to delivery. You will be fully aware of the numbers and will see the first trends before anyone else
- Exceptional editing skills that come from a clear understanding of the audience
- You will have a passion for the data side of web publishing and will closely monitor and interpret performance and trends.
- A ruthless approach to success – you will be able to combine the pursuit of transformative ideas with a determined approach to ensuring they are delivered
- An excellent communicator – both with industry and the wider Future team
What will I get in return?
In addition to our standard benefits, we offer a number of impressive benefits to our staff, including:
- Unlimited paid leave (yes, you read that right!)
- A share of our success – every staff member receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Huge opportunities to learn and grow, whether through professional qualifications, exposure to amazing business ventures or an informal lunch hosted by your colleagues
Our Future, Our Responsibility – Inclusion and Diversity at Future
We have a voice and we will use it. We promote diversity and inclusion not only in our recruitment processes, but in everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure that our recruitment process is free from bias and that our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respectful of all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values and employees – current and future – are treated with respect and fairness. To learn more about Our Future, Our Responsibility, visit our website.