The Department of Educational Policy and Leadership Graduate Program at Southern Methodist University (SMU) invites applications for Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor. This is a tenure-track position expected to begin in August 2023. SMU’s Department of Educational Policy and Leadership is a dynamic, collegial environment where research, policy, and practice are valued in preparing future leaders. Our faculty has extensive expertise in research and practice drawing on a variety of experiences. The higher education program engages in the continuous evaluation and improvement of our courses and organizational structures with an emphasis on the integration of diversity and equity and is committed to providing a Mentoring support to new members of the department based on their rank.
We are looking for candidates with a PhD in higher education or a related field. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, maintaining an active research program, seeking external funding, teaching Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) courses and Master of Education programs, advice to Ed.D. dissertations and provide program, department, college, university and community services. It is also possible to teach and advise doctoral students. We are looking for a fellow collaborator to join our community.
• Completed PhD in higher education or a related discipline, such as education policy, sociology, economics, political science or public policy by August 1, 2023
• Demonstrated commitment to equity and justice in research, teaching, and service that has prepared the nominee to contribute positively to the department’s commitment to diversity and equity
Preferred qualifications (expectations for each point are proportional to the candidate’s rank):
• Expertise that contributes to our understanding of higher education (ideally in at least two of the following areas): public policy, finance, research methods and evaluation, or organizational theory and governance
• Experience and commitment to teaching, advising and/or mentoring graduate students
• Demonstrated track record of research and/or obtaining research funding
Application procedure: Applicants should submit their documents online at http://apply.interfolio.com/111773.
Application documents should include:
1) A cover letter outlining the applicant’s qualifications with specific reference to research and teaching experience/approach as well as outlining their demonstrated commitment to equity and/or justice
3) A writing sample in the form of a published article, submitted manuscript, or manuscript in preparation
4) Name, title and contact details (e-mail address) for three references.
For questions or to discuss the position, contact the Director of Research, Dr. Dominique Baker (email@example.com).
The search committee will begin reviewing applications on September 15, 2022 and the position will remain open until filled. The start date for the position is fall 2023. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications.
Employment is contingent on passing a background check. SMU will not discriminate in any program or activity on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status , sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. The Executive Director for Access and Equity/Title IX Coordinator is designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies and can be reached at the Perkins Administration Building, Room 204, 6425 Boaz Lane, Dallas, TX 75205, 214-768-3601, firstname.lastname@example.org.