Insurance Insider is looking for an Editor-in-Chief to join its senior editorial team in London in a newly created role.
The team is focused on providing unparalleled market intelligence and real-time information to senior professionals in the insurance industry based on extensive networks of sources and in-depth industry knowledge.
Our mantra is to ensure that our readers know first and understand better.
The Editor-in-Chief will play a key role in the management and delivery of our newswire service, under the supervision of our Editor-in-Chief. This is a hybrid role – the editor will also have the opportunity to work their own beats, find exclusives and produce analysis to contribute to Insurance Insiders market-leading content proposition.
This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious journalist looking for their first or second editorial position.
We are looking for an experienced news reporter who is comfortable working quickly on a wide range of stories in an environment where mistakes are subject to a high price tag. The role would also be suitable for a candidate willing to progress within the organization and take on more responsibility after a period of ramping up in the sector.
- Screen a wide range of public information sources to determine what is covered by coverage;
- Assist in the management of the news desk by assigning, editing and approving stories for publication, directing the work of reporters and working with deputy editors;
- Work with journalists to improve the speed, quality and sophistication of their reporting over time;
- Build a network of senior sources in the market and establish relationships with a large number of companies, in particular by acting as an ambassador for the publishing house;
- Contribute to exclusive Insurance Insider value-added content by researching exclusive reporting, writing opinion pieces and in-depth analysis
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience working in a fast-paced newsroom with a high volume of content
- An interest in and understanding of business and financial markets (although direct experience writing about insurance is not expected)
- A cool head and ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize
- Strong writing/editing skills, with scrupulous attention to detail
- Cultural values including: a determination to win; a desire to play a role in a cohesive/collaborative team; an artisanal approach to their work; and integrity
Insurance Insider is part of Insider Publishing, a unit of the FTSE 250 Euromoney Institutional Investor business which provides market information and a quick overview of the insurance industry. Insider Publishing also publishes Business riskbased in London, and Inside P&C who is based in New York.
The award-winning unit employs 18 journalists and analysts across its London and New York teams, and has continued to post double-digit revenue and bottom line growth throughout the pandemic.
To apply, send a CV and cover letter to IInsurance Insider Information Desk Editor Jim Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.