Are you a writer with a strong interest in cryptocurrency, metaverse, electric vehicles, and other future tech topics? Can you explain the NFT market to our readers and walk them through DeFi? We’re looking for someone like you to write for us here at How-To Geek.
What we are looking for
How-To Geek is looking for an experienced writer to explain future technology topics to our readers, from Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, NFTs, DeFi and Web3 to Metaverse, VR and AR. We are interested in anything related to future technology, including electric vehicles (Tesla and beyond.)
We are looking for explanations, editorials, tutorials and more to help our audience understand these advanced technologies.
We are do not looking for a writer to simply write press articles. You may occasionally write something news-related, perhaps an op-ed or an explanation on a news topic, but we generally want “evergreen” content, not standard news articles.
The ideal candidate has solid writing experience and a lot of knowledge on all these technical subjects. If you meet some of the requirements, for example, if you have a lot of knowledge in all these areas but do not have professional writing experience yet, or if you are a crypto expert without EV knowledge, please still apply.
This is a freelance position where you will be assigned topics to write about, but we also encourage you to submit your own story topics.
The salary depends on experience, but it will not be less than $100 per item.
Here’s what we always look for in new writers:
- You must be a geek at heart, always looking to learn more about technology and make your gadgets work better.
- You must be able to explain complex topics in a way that is clear and easy to understand, even to non-experts.
- You must be creative and have the ability to generate story ideas, take suggestions, and make topics interesting and exciting.
- You must be at least 18 years old and have your own computer.
- You must have strong English writing skills. It’s a shame we even have to mention that one.
- You should have some basic screenshots and image editing chops. HTML skills are a plus.
We don’t have normal office hours, or even office hours, so you can be located anywhere. This is strictly a telecommuting gig.
Think you have what it takes? Please apply!
How to register
When you apply, please give us an idea of your background and previous writing experience.
Most important: We want a writing sample. If you have previous writing to feature, particularly relevant technology-related articles that you are proud of, include a link to it in your email. If you have a personal blog, forum account, or commentator account from anywhere, feel free to include that as well.
To apply, visit our job posting on Indeed. We look forward to hearing from you!