Treehugger, the only modern sustainability site that offers advice, clarity and inspiration, is looking for a writer who has a broad understanding of scientific topics and clean/cruelty-free beauty products in the context of sustainability and environmentalism. The ideal candidate should be able to write engaging new content that helps our readers learn about product toxicity and animal testing in the beauty industry. This is a 12 month independent contract.
The author will work closely with the editorial team on a series of in-depth articles that fall under, but are not limited to, the following categories:
- Is X vegan and cruelty-free?
- Clean Beauty Product Ingredient Analysis
- Round-up of clean beauty, focusing on the use of natural products
About your contributions
- Write a series of articles per month that engage and inform readers
- Conduct thorough research on the topic of each article and present information authoritatively in original content
- Work closely with the editorial team throughout the writing and editing process
- At least 1-3 years of experience writing digital content in the areas of science, clean beauty and/or sustainability.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrable knowledge of sustainability and in-depth research capabilities
- Stellar writer with a knack for creating clean, simple copy
- Willingness to work closely with the editorial staff and follow a style guide
- Experience with a WordPress-style CMS
Dotdash brands help people find answers, solve problems and be inspired. We reach more than 90 million people every month, or more than 35% of the US online population, according to comScore, and we’re one of the largest content publishers on the Internet. Dotdash brands have collectively won over 50 industry awards in the last year alone and are among the fastest growing in their categories. Our brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy, Brides, Liquor.com, TreeHugger, Mother Nature Network and ThoughtCo.
Please beware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that all correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from an @dotdash.com account or a email@example.com account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversation for a job opportunity and would like to confirm its validity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.