Treehugger, the only modern sustainability site that offers advice, clarity, and inspiration, is looking for a writer who has a broad understanding of clean beauty topics, products, and ingredients from a scientific/ sustainable.
The ideal candidate should be able to write engaging new content that helps our readers learn about the environmental implications of the beauty industry, using scientific rigor and research. This is a 12 month independent contract.
The author will work closely with the editorial team on a series of in-depth articles that fall under, but are not limited to, the following categories:
- Vegan and cruelty-free beauty products
- Clean Beauty Product Ingredient Analysis
- Round-up of clean beauty, focusing on the use of natural products
About your contributions
- Write a series of articles per month that engage and inform readers
- Conduct thorough research on the topic of each article and present information authoritatively in original content
- Work closely with the editorial team throughout the writing and editing process
- At least 1-3 years of experience writing digital content in the areas of science, clean beauty and/or sustainability.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrable knowledge of sustainability and in-depth research capabilities
- Stellar writer with a knack for creating clean, simple copy
- Willingness to work closely with the editorial staff and follow a style guide
- Experience with a WordPress-style CMS
Dotdash’s dynamic brands help over 100 million users find answers, solve problems and get inspired every month. Dotdash is one of the largest and fastest growing online publishers and has won over 80 awards in the last year alone. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com and TreeHugger.
Please beware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that all correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from an @dotdash.com account or a email@example.com account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversation about a job opportunity and would like to confirm its validity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
We are committed to protecting the health and safety of every employee. We require that all employees (and guests) visiting or working at any of its offices or attending company-sponsored events, client meetings, or other off-site company-related activities are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (as defined by the CDC), and we offer several ways to share proof of vaccination with us.