STYLECASTER: Sales writer
The eCommerce Writer will be a key member of the STYLECASTER editorial team, working closely with the Associate Editor to create shoppable stories across all verticals and help manage the site’s eCommerce efforts. The ideal candidate will have experience creating product-focused content for a style-obsessed female millennial audience and possess a modern knowledge of digital publishing, including SEO best practices and marketing. way to package content for multiple distribution platforms. Success in this role requires impeccable knowledge of fashion, beauty and lifestyle product/retailers, and a demonstrated understanding of how to generate affiliate revenue while adhering to the voice, to the level of taste and visual aesthetics of STYLECASTER.
- Write approx. 5-7 purchase stories/product recaps per day in the fashion, beauty, and lifestyle/home décor categories that drive traffic and conversions
- Improve store content performance by reviewing key metrics related to traffic, orders, gross sales, and net commission
- Help execute affiliate and e-commerce strategy for the site, including managing efforts for the Amazon OnSites program or other similar vendor programs as needed
- Proactively integrate shop links into relevant SC editorial content
- Work with other publishers to develop and execute e-commerce concepts that keep the STYLECASTER brand and readers front and center
- Liaise with in-house designer to conceptualize original artwork and product collages
- Meet brands and represent STYLECASTER at events, when appropriate
- Update and optimize existing best performing content and write shopping articles as needed
The fine print:
- 2-4 years of professional writing experience, with at least one year working on e-commerce stories
- A demonstrated understanding of the modern millennial women’s business space, including beauty, fashion and lifestyle trends and brands
- Exceptional skills in writing and packaging content through an inclusive, body-positive, and pro-woman lens
- Good knowledge of digital and affiliate strategy, analytics and SEO best practices
About SHE Media:
SHE Media encompasses a family of leading media properties and a network of premium publishers and independent content creators. In addition to our flagship editorial sites, SheKnows, SHE Media’s STYLECASTER and Soaps.com, BlogHer host the world’s leading content and events platform whose mission is to provide economic empowerment to all women. The SHE Media Partner Network represents a community of 1,500 independent publishers and over 20,000 social content creators, providing the foundation for a scalable and sustainable business model for entrepreneurs and small businesses.
SHE Media is also the creator of innovative platforms that include: Hatch, an award-winning video series featuring Gen Z-generated content; and BlogHer’s Voices of the Year, honoring powerful, culture-changing women across industries. Part of Penske Media Corporation (PMC), SHE Media is based in New York, with offices in Los Angeles, Chicago and Scottsdale. Follow SHE Media on Facebook, TwitterInstagram and LinkedIn.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content draws a monthly audience of more than 180 million people and empowers more than one million global CEOs and business leaders. opinion in the markets that have an impact on the world. Our dynamic events, data services and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle industries. Based in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries around the world, Penske Media is how global influencers are informed, connected and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.