Burlington Beer Company (BBCO) is seeking a driven and passionate Sales Territory Manager in the Boston area to join our growing sales team. The Sales Territory Manager will develop, seek out and maintain relationships with onsite and offsite accounts in the Boston area. The BBCO Sales Territory Manager is responsible for representing the BBCO brand and playing a key role in account management.
What you will do:
- Manage distributors and BBCO accounts in the Boston area.
- Establish and maintain a close and lasting working relationship with BBCO’s valued wholesale partners.
- Conduct regular physical inventory at distributor warehouses, inspecting date codes and maintaining accurate inventory levels.
- Responsible for managing BBCO’s product inventory and allocations with distributors.
- Maintain effective communication with distributors regarding changes in product availability and allocations.
- Ensure that customer feedback/complaints are handled in a timely manner with compassion and professionalism.
- Prepare and make presentations to the sales team and customers.
- Visit at least 8-10 onsite/offsite account partners per day.
- Actively work towards achieving set sales goals and objectives.
- Drive sales and account visibility by researching merchandising and promotional opportunities.
- Represent BBCO at festivals and events and act as a brand ambassador to communicate BBCO’s history, culture and commitment to quality products and services.
- Communicate and collaborate with the BBCO Sales Manager and other members of the sales team.
- Perform administrative tasks such as expense reports, weekly call points and sales analysis.
- Other assigned tasks.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- Working knowledge of craft beer supplier and distributor sales
- Solid knowledge of the brewing industry and operations.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Comfort of making existing and cold calls.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work enthusiastically within ever-changing priorities
- Extensive knowledge of Google Suite and strong computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license with active car insurance, safe driving record and reliable vehicle.
Education and experience:
- 3+ years of experience selling to suppliers and distributors; preferably in the Boston market
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Marketing or related field preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to travel (80% of the work is in the field, 20% administrative).
- Able to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays as required by the business.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department of the organization’s facilities.
What BBCO offers:
- Competitive base salary/compensation
- Health, dental and vision plans
- Generous paid holidays
- Parental leave
- Disability insurance
- Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discounts on food, beer and merchandising
Burlington Beer Company is an independent craft brewery open since May 2014. We strive to strike a balance between going overboard and staying steeped in tradition. We brew a wide range of hazy and hop-forward Pale Ale, IPA, Double IPA and Triple IPA. We also brew a plethora of fruit beers, some tart, some hoppy and some easy drinking. Plus, we also like to brew dark beers – Brown Ale’s, Porter’s, Oatmeal Stout, Double Stout’s and Imperial Stouts. Each of our beers has a moving name and inspired illustrations to go with it. We brew with local and international malts, hops, yeast, fruits, vegetables, spices and herbs, while exploring new ways to put our stamp on classic beer styles. Our beers are available in 11 New England and Mid-Atlantic states.
Although brewed, packaged and distributed out of Williston, our Flynn Avenue branch is home to a Burlington-packed sour barrel program. We strive to incorporate local food, exciting new beers and all that beautiful Burlington has to offer tourists and locals alike.
BBCO is committed to equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, disability status, uniform service status; or any other class protected by federal, state, or local law.