Hello again, neighbors! It’s Sunday in Alpharetta-Milton and I’m back in your inbox to update you on the most important things happening in town. Today you will read about:
- Cambridge High student allowed back to school after social media murder post
- How to Apply for a Public Safety Job in Alpharetta
- Alpharetta Raiders win their first playoff game
But first, today’s weather:
Today will be sunny and much cooler. The maximum will be 53 with a minimum of 28.
📢 Local businesses, we invite you to partner with us to build awareness in the local market and set yourself apart from the competition as a sponsor of the Alpharetta-Milton Patch newsletter. Don’t miss this opportunity to showcase your business and attract more customers to your doorstep. Contact us today to find out more.
Here are today’s top stories at Alpharetta-Milton:
- A student from Cambridge High School said he was going to murder another student on social media was allowed to return to school. He was briefly suspended and removed from girls’ classes. Additionally, school administrators said they would keep students away from each other. The girl’s mother said, “It’s amazing. They’re adults, and they don’t take it seriously, I’m just saying how many tragedies do we have to have?” (WSB-TV)
- Looking for a public safety job in Alpharetta? Stop by the Public Safety Career Fair at Atlanta Metropolitan State College, 1630 Metropolitan Parkway, on Tuesday, November 15. You can apply for a job with Alpharetta City 911 Communications, Law Enforcement, or Fire. The event starts at 10:00 a.m. (Career fair)
- The Alpharetta High School Raiders won their first state football playoff game against Shiloh High on Friday night. Alpharetta was winning 21-0 until the middle of the second quarter, then Shiloh cut the lead to just two points in the fourth quarter. The final score was 28-26. The Raiders want to thank Joe Jarrett and Northpoint Mortgage and Chick-fil-A for packing the guys in for their game this morning! (Alpharetta Raiders)
Today at Alpharetta Milton:
- American Leigon Post 201 Car Show Annual Cruz Veterans Day-in at American Legion Post 201 at 201 Wills Road in Alpharetta (11:00 AM)
- PAINT YOUR PET!!! at Painting with a Twist, 11770 Haynes Bridge Road, #801 at Alpharetta (1:00 p.m.)
- Santa’s Secret Mustache at the Alpharetta Avalon, 400 Avalon Blvd. (3:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Are you interested in volunteering at the Creek View Elementary School Book Fair? They need people to help students choose and buy books. The sale will continue until next Friday. Purchases from book sales will help the school add books to the school’s media center. (View of the creek)
- Veterans Day was held last week and the towns of Alpharetta and Milton extended a heartfelt thank you to everyone who served in our armed forces. Do you know why it is celebrated on November 11? The date is based on November 11, 1918, the last day of hostilities in World War I. (Town of Milton)
- Students from King’s Ridge Christian School attended a Veterans Day presentation. Speakers were KRCS parent Brian Stann, who served in the U.S. Marines, and KRCS senior Mason Tucker, who will be attending the Coast Guard Academy. Their discussion was instructive and the students enjoyed honoring them. (King’s Ridge Christian School via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Other classified ads:
You’re all caught up for today. See you soon!
— Gail Lafleche
Do you have a topical tip or a suggestion for an upcoming Alpharetta-Milton Daily? Contact me at Alpharetta@Patch.com